The following statement is an extract of our ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems Policy. It is available in original form on request to all external stakeholders and interested parties. Camlab are suppliers of laboratory equipment and process instrumentation. The company recognises that it can only achieve its business objectives if the operational performance of its activities, along with the products it supplies, reflect the changing environmental priorities of the Community it serves.
Camlab are manufacturers and suppliers of laboratory equipment, water testing instrumentation and consumables. The company recognises that it can only achieve its business goals and objectives if the operational performance of its activities, along with the products it supplies, including all major stakeholders reflects the changing environmental priorities of the world, its legal framework and the Community it serves.
The company is committed to introducing and developing practicable and cost effective environmental best practise throughout the business. It is recognised that the pursuit of economic growth and a safe, healthy and hygienic environment must be closely linked and that the protection of the environment and its ecology from the company’s activities is part of the management’s responsibility. Camlab also recognises that its day to day activities impact on the environment in a number of ways (water and energy usage and general waste), it is committed to preventing environmental pollution (Noise, Smoke, Oil, Light etc.) and it is these impacts that the company wishes to minimise. Camlab also recognises that in a wider context the organisation wishes to become a low carbon and a sustainable business. To do this Camlab is committed to providing resources to engage with suppliers and become agents for change to reduce the carbon emissions impact of both its upstream and downstream commercial activities.
In particular Camlab will:
- Meet, and where possible exceed, the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation.
- Seek to reduce the consumption of materials in all operations, reuse rather than dispose wherever possible, and promote recycling and use of recycled materials.
- Work with suppliers and contractors to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through a quality purchasing policy.
- Work with customers as required, to help meet their environmental objectives and provide information to assist measures to influence customer choice towards those products and services that help meet their stated targets.
- Design energy efficiency into existing buildings, new services and manage energy wisely in all associated operations.
- Provide products that are safe to use, make efficient use of resources, and which can be recycled or disposed of safely.
- Include environmental issues at relevant management meetings and train all employees to adopt and improve good environmental working practices.
- Provide necessary training to raise awareness of the environment and encourage energy saving and waste minimisation.
- Monitor the company’s environmental performance through auditing on a regular basis and through the examination of data.
- Extend Camlab’s scope of influence to identified major external stakeholders to help estimate their carbon impact as part of our commitment toward reaching net zero and as part of our carbon offset
- To share best practice by making available to others our approach and methodology to assist them to reduce their own impact of greenhouse gases
- Include all associated carbon measures to reduce the impact of travel to work and to customers
- Set GHG targets aligned to a 1.5°C near-term target, so as to be eligible to set new net-zero GHG targets.
To ensure Camlab operates efficiently with respect to the environment and meets the requirements of ISO14001. These objectives are set and monitored through KPI’s within Policy Deployment.
Net-zero targets include:
- Near-term science-based targets are absolute scope 1 and 2 Green House Gas (GHG) emissions reduction targets that should be achieved by 2030, from a predefined base year.
- Long-term science-based targets which are absolute scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions reduction targets that should be achieved by 2050, from a predefined base year.
- An ongoing commitment to neutralize any unabated emissions when the long-term science-based target is achieved.
An ongoing commitment to neutralize any unabated emissions when the long-term science-based target is achieved.
The Managing Director will have overall responsibility for the Environmental Management System and will communicate performance and improvements to the board. The board will make available resources to enable the company environmental objectives. The company is committed to a programme of continual environmental improvement and will establish systems, processes and initiatives to bring about the broad principles of this policy.
This environmental policy is available to all employees via the Business Management System and BreatheHR, and available to all external stakeholders and interested parties on www.camlab.com. The company’s progress toward sustainability and Net Zero will be measured and reported as part of its corporate social responsibility and made publicly available.
Our environmental ‘mission’ and vision
We will extend the scope of measurement of Green House Gases (GHG) to include our indirect partner emissions as part of our total carbon reduction programme.
- We wish to be a ‘leader’ on environmental sustainability within our market-sector.
- We will do this through positive community engagement with our people our partners, suppliers, customers, employees and other stakeholders for the improvement of sustainable science.
- We will help others to implement ‘best operational practice’, helping to accelerate the reduction of our total carbon footprint.
- We will work toward a mutual reduction in both emissions and costs to demonstrate a positive long term financial payback to become carbon neutral and help meet our Net Zero commitments to protect our planet.
- By pro-actively and transparently publishing our information, sharing our in-house knowledge and engaging with our partners in the environmental community, we hope to become a catalyst for accelerated change and help reduce the costs of global warming, for the benefit of all.
Download our current ISO14001 certificate here